Here is a great idea from Family Fun Magazine where you can decorate cupcakes with your kids and have them as place settings for your Easter dinner:
- First, frost the cupcakes with white icing. Bend a pipe cleaner or a piece of red licorice into an arch and push the ends into the sides of each cupcake.
- Shake the shredded coconut in a stainless steel bowl. Sprinkle on food coloring bit by bit, mixing vigorously to distribute the color
- Place a pinch of shredded coconut on each iced cupcake. Now place three jelly beans on the “nest” of coconut.
- Tie a small ribbon bow on the pipe cleaner or licorice handle at a jaunty angle.
- Put one cupcake basket by each place setting at Easter brunch or give them as gifts.
For more great recipes to do with your kids check out: Family Fun Go Easter Recipes